Advice about selling 2010 13" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BulkHedd, Jan 27, 2015.

1. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I just recently bought a 13" Retina MBP and I am thinking about selling my 2010 13" MBP. I wanted to ask some advice about a couple of things.

I removed the Superdrive from the 2010 MBP, installed a 256GB SSD and a 500GB rotating drive in place of the Superdrive. I also upgraded the RAM to 8GB.

In order to sell it would it be recommended for me to re-install the Superdrive or just keep everything as it is?

I could move the 500GB drive to the main slot and remove the 256GB SSD and keep that for myself.

I'm just wondering what would be the option that would be easiest for me to sell.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Offer it as an option as most savvy people will see ssd and hit the button

3. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

What about erasing all the data and re-installing Yosemite? I erased everything but to reinstall Yosemite I have to log in with my Apple ID.
    I don't want any of my data re-installed on the computer.

4. FWRN macrumors member

FWRN

Create a Bootable USB with Yosemite and use Disk Utility to wipe the drive a couple of times and then reinstall. I don't think it will require an Apple ID then.

5. chipchen macrumors 6502

Honestly, you get the most when selling stock because people tend to see upgrades and want discounts. A 2010 13" MBP is probably about $400 with the 8GB and 500GB. You may only get an extra $50-75 if you include the SSD with it.

On the OS, yes, make a bootable USB flash drive. Or take it to the Apple Store and ask if the Genius Bar will do it for you (it will be FASTer, but make an appt).

6. BulkHedd thread starter macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

So it sounds like you think I should remove the SSD and reinstall the SuperDrive. Am I correct!

7. Raunien macrumors 6502

Yes sell it stock as it would get more offers