Advice About Study Options.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furious, Apr 1, 2009.

1. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Hi, I am currently studying accounting in Australia. I am in my last year.

At the moment I am not happy at uni. I would like to stop studying now and continue my study next year. I am not really sure the reason of my unhappiness. But I feel like the world is closing in around me. I live with my parents and in the past few months they have been constantly nagging me about every little thing.

I have been thinking about this for the last few weeks. I am happy to accept the consequences of not finishing this year.

I am wondering what other people have done if they were in a similar situation or what they would recommend from their own experiences seeing others do the same.

:edit: I thought I should add that I am happy studying and I still enjoy the topic material I just feel unhappy.

2. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Have you thought about killing your parents?

It worked for me....

3. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Maybe some time off isn't a bad idea.

There is no race to finish university. I took time off and pursued other interests and greatly reduced anxiety about what I wanted, who I was, and what exactly school meant to me and the work world in general. Once I did that, I got back and finished school pretty stress free and debt free as I attained jobs and skills in my time off between 3rd and 4th year.

Now a decade and a half later, I give no thought to having lost time taking that hiatus. It made me a much better person.

4. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

5. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

Thanks just the sort of advice of was looking for.

if I take time off I will do an internship to give me some experience.