Advice and help needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Exodemia, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Exodemia macrumors regular

Hi

This is my first post on here so please be kind. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum as well. I'm buying a 17" MacBook Pro next month, hopefully with Leopard installed, and am trying to find out what additional hardware I can purchase for it. Here's what I would like to know:

- What ExpressCards are available which could add HSDPA or 3G capabilites to the MacBook Pro as I'll be on the go alot.
    - What other types of ExpressCards are available including ExpressCards for audio (i.e. sound cards).
    - What audio hardware/software I can get for the best sound quality possible (through headphones and connection to a hi-fi/amp and speakers) and for audio creation and editing.

Many thanks
    Sam

2. pianos101 macrumors regular

Who's your cell carrier? I know for sure verizon has expresscard adapters for their broadband over here in the US, but i'm sure all the others over there do too.

There isn't a HUGE assortment of expresscard peripherals yet, but there are definitely things like card readers. Try doing a google search; i found one DSP audio expresscard, but i'm not too familiar with that stuff. Again, expresscard is still kind of new...

3. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

At last, someone has replied! Thank pianos! I live in the United Kingdom so we have O2, Orange, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Three. Yeah it is sorta new and it's a bit of a grey area which I think need to be brought into the open because I'm sure there are quite a few ExpressCards now. Anyone else know info?

4. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Most UK carriers offer portable modems for laptops (T-Mobile) I'm not sure if this is what you were meaning but its worth a look

5. Exodemia thread starter macrumors regular

Well that kinda thing but I really mean in ExpressCard format because there are few HSDPA/3G ExpressCards floating about.