Advice choosing a nice case

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NewGenAdam, Nov 27, 2008.

1. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a snug, tight-fitting Macbook Air case.
    I'm wondering if anybody has one they think is really good, or if anyone has seen a good one.
    Any advice?? ^_^
    EDIT: Thanks for your tips; great to have some ideas now.
    And to clarify, it's a sleeve I'm primarily after. But if I see any tempting shoulder bags, etc, I can't promise I won't be tempted!

2. hooper2 macrumors member

I am looking at http://sfbags.com/ for when I get one... Getting sleeve, with flap, strap and pouch.

3. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

4. CoreyMac macrumors regular

5. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

You're right, CoreyMac. I've got the InCase sleeve you linked to and it's great.

6. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

i got an alcantara sleeve for my mba and an oatmeal corduroy sleeve for my girlfriend's macbook. they are amazing and we constantly get asked where they came from.

wrappers.typepad.com

7. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

good choice. I got an waterfield sleeve for my macbook air and am very happy with it. the quality is really good.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Very nice bag! I don't know if I want to spend that much for the bag + shipping to the US though.

9. McGilli macrumors 6502

Just from personal experience I recommend the Tucano MBA microfiber sleeve.

http://www.tucanousa.com/product_p/bfus-mba13-rz.htm

It has a great overlock stitching so the MBA cannot fall out if you forget to zip it up, and protects the MBA from the metal zippers so you will never get any scratches. Comes with the microfiber clothe for the keyboard too etc.

And the funniest thing - the other night with all the lights out - i was wanting to grab my MBA but it was pitch black out - as I was about to turn on the lights - I noticed that this sleeve - the lettering on it glows in the dark. small thing but it helped me out.

Here are a few photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Shipping is free.

11. stiphone macrumors regular

Nice sleeve but too expensive for me though. I'm using the incase sleeve now and it's excellent for me so far.

12. ryanhawiya macrumors member

ryanhawiya

13. descartes macrumors 6502

does anyone have one of these? looks great but I am curious how it holds up and looks after a few months. thanks.

14. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

15. gsampson85 macrumors newbie

I've got the incase sleeve and it works great!

16. descartes macrumors 6502

17. arkhe macrumors newbie

Booq

Hello

I've owned a Brenthaven backpack, a Waterfield Racer-X (SFBags) and a Booq Vyper exo and would recommend any of those products (depending on your usage, of course).

I have been eye-balling a Booq Vyper XS2 sleeve for when I get an Air; and judging from my Vyper exo, it should offer good protection and find it's style more usable than the Waterfield designs (even though those can be customised).

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I had one for my 12" Powerbook for 3 years. When I sold it, it was in 90% new condition...a tiny bit of wear on the seams.

There's a brand new one for the Macbook on the Marketplace if anyone is curious. ;)