Advice - Connect to Cisco Wifi Protocol??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akiden, Jul 7, 2010.

1. akiden macrumors newbie

Need advice here please.

My corporate wifi network is cisco encrypted so I'm told. I'm able to set up the SSID and connect on my Thinkpad but just simple unable to connect on mbp.

I've attached the required settings for the wifi setup from IntelProSet.
    It's CKIP encryption on LEAP.

Would appreciate it very much if someone can advise how to set up the corresponding on my mbp mid 09 model.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

While I dont have my mac in front of me, I know you can go into one of the connections tabs, and configure LEAP. Usually you need a user name and password correct? or maybe that was PEAP.

My old university switched from LEAP to PEAP back when 10.5 came out, and I remember they had a whole config guide onlinle. Ill look for it.

Not what I was looking for but maybe itll help.
    http://www.towson.edu/adminfinance/ots/Training/documentation/Macintosh/MAC_Wireless_Leopard.pdf

Also, I wouldnt advise connecting a personal laptop to a corporate network without written consent from a manager, or network admin. Its simply not worth it.

3. akiden thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the reply, kgeier82 :)

In fact I've already tried using the LEAP option in airport with the user name & pw but it didn't work. I'm not sure what's the problem but somehow it's not working... sigh