Advice for a Broken Backlight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kashik, Jun 2, 2008.

1. kashik macrumors regular

Hey all,

So i've had my penryn MBP since they launched in February. It had been great up until two days ago. I took my laptop out of my bag and tried to awaken it from sleep. The backlight hasn't been working since then. There were no signs of trouble leading up to it, and there are no signs it will come back on.

Do I just call up Apple now and have them setup the shipping to have this thing sent out and fixed up? I've never done this before, anyone able to explain the fastest or best process out there for getting your MBP fixed?

Appreciate it

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

I have done this many times and find it the fastest and most efficient way since my local Apple Store doesn't do repairs (they send it to an Apple Repair Center).

First call Applecare. Your machine is under warranty. They will open a case number for you, get your shipping details and send you a box overnight to pack your MBP. They will provide a prepaid return label (most likely DHL) for you to attach to the box. You call DHL for a pickup and it will be sent overnight to the Apple Repair facility. Repairs are fairly quick. Once the repair is complete, Apple will ship it back to you overnight.

No charge to you whatsoever.

3. kashik thread starter macrumors regular