Hey folks I have long been a PC guy but the new MacBook Pro (MBP) has forced me to finally change sides. I am happy to say that my wife will be very please as she has been an incredibly loyal Apple consumer for over 20 years. Although I can barely stand her smug "you finally see the light" attitude I cannot deny how advanced the form and function of Mac products are in comparison to the competition. I will say however that I consider myself far from a newbie to technology and rolling up my sleeves and personally upgrading my hardware/software. Now getting to the main event: I am going to purchase a MBP next Thursday but now after tirelessly researching my options and all the available after-market upgrades I have turned a joyous moment into an agonizing decision. Any and all advice/insight is greatly appreciated. Below is a break down of what I am considering and how I am rationalizing my purchase: MACBOOK PRO 15-INCH Processor - 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 This is the max available when I configure my MBP online. This is an easy choice for me because I typically want the greatest computing power I can get my hands on and can afford. My primary reason for this is that I want a computer that will still hold its own in years to come. However, I am worried that MBPs with Intel's Ivybridge will come out in less than a year and I should simply wait. Although I am comfortable with pulling the trigger now because I know that the trend of faster processors constantly coming out is apart of the CPU culture. Memory - 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB Again this is the max that is offered on the Mac website so its a no brainer. Although, I was concerned about Apple's "All MacBook Pro models support up to 8 gigabytes of RAM" statement because I would like to upgrade my memory as the years pass. I did look on macsales.com (OWC) and see that there is currently a 16GB memory upgrade available. Is a 16GB memory upgrade even possible? If it is, is it the most I'll ever be able to upgrade my MBP with? I see 32GB (2x16GB) of memory being common place in the near future. Also, I was considering ordering my MBP with the stock 4GB (2x2GB) and upgrading the memory with 8GB (2x4GB) from OWC myself and save ~$100 but I questioned the quality difference between what I would get from apple and what I would get from OWC. Hard Drive - 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm Although having 750GB is appealing the speed of the 500GB seals the deal for me and I have a 1TB external HD if I need extra storage. Honestly, to really the unlock the true power and speed of my MBP I plan on switching over to a 240 GB SSD as soon as they become more affordable or when I can afford their current price (~$400). Display - Glossy Widescreen Display I am convincing myself this is an area that I can save money without sacrificing having a great notebook. However, I am wondering if a $90 Hi-Res Glossy upgrade is really worth it or would even hurt. I mean, when spending $2k whats another $90? A drop in the bucket, right? Moreover, whats another $45 on top of that $90 for the top of the line Hi-Res Antiglare display? Service and Support - AppleCare Protection Plan I am sure you'll all recommend and agree that it is in my best interest to purchase this coverage with such an investment, right? Please forgive me for the wordiness but as you can see my anxiety is getting the best of me. Hence, the above agonizing and ambivalence. Again, any and all advice/insight is VERY much appreciated.