Advice for an iPhone 4S and iPad 2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ScottishCaptain, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

Greetings to all!

I've got an iPhone 4S and iPad 2 here, and I'm starting to get a little bit paranoid about continually maintaining either device going into the future. They're both currently running iOS 7.1.2 at the moment, and I do not want this to change (ever). In fact, I've been thinking about downgrading them both to iOS 6.1.3, since there's nothing I need in the later iOS versions (nothing to lose, lots to gain).

Anyways, I've got a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could answer:

1) Does the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 7.1.2 currently work for any device that is still running iOS 7.1.2?

2) Can TinyUmbrella save the local SHSH blobs from my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 if I jailbreak running iOS 7.1.2? I do not want to upgrade to iOS 8.x or iOS 9.x.

3) If I manage to jailbreak both devices, save the local SHSH blobs, and then downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 through the Odysseus OTA tool, does this mean that I can then upgrade back to iOS 7.1.2 if I need to?

Cheers,
    -SC

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

1. yes
    2. yes it can, but if you mean to save them, because one day you would like to restore to 7.1.2 again, forget it, they are useless.
    3. no, not possible