Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DashGlobal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2012
I am in need of a new laptop.

Would like to get a solid ultrabook but not break the bank.

Anyone have any experience with the Lenovo IdeaPad U410?

How is that compared to a standard MBP 13' and a MBA performance and price wise?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Well it seems to be fairly glowing reviews, with the only downside being the weight of the device.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/2994/lenovo-ideapad-u410-review-affordable-and-powerful-ultrabook

But same comment as above applies

"Do you want a Mac or PC ? If you want a cheap PC ultra book then it ticks the bill, but if you want OSX then it clearly doesn't."

For the price an i7 & 8GB of ram is hard to argue with.

The only thing I would say is that if you can wait a few weeks would you not wait and see if when they stick Windows 8 on these devices if they will stick a touch panel in there for a similar pricing, and then even if your not interested in Windows 8, the pricing of the older Windows 7 devices may be reduced in stores and online...

Eddy Munn

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2008
You're comparing an Ultrabook to the MBP, are you looking specifically for an Ultrabook, or any kind of Notebook?

DashGlobal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Looking for a sleek slim high performance laptop that is nicely priced.

I realize the MBP13 really isnt a ultrabook but I am also considering that as well.

Comparing specs & price ect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.