Advice for buying a regular 2015 13" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mwj22, May 25, 2017.

1. mwj22 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'd like some advice with buying the traditional 2015 13" Retina MacBook Pro, the last one that Apple released before the touch bar. I'm in the UK and the touch bar is £1,304 even with student discount, and I'm happy to pick up the standard 13" non-touch bar as that's £1,124 with student discount.

My question is will this be included in the student back to school deals, or will only the new touch bar MBPs be included? I'm perfectly happy with the rMBP today, but I don't want to buy it if it turns out that there's a sale in the summer which includes it.

Thanks for your help,
    Mark

2. ZapNZs macrumors 68000

ZapNZs

Have you gone to or contacted your school store to ask them about ongoing and upcoming promotions?

In a few weeks, it is possible that Apple is going to update all three of their laptops: the MacBook, MB Pro, and MB Air. This means endless possibilities for sales, not just with the 2015 models, but with the 2016 models, and possibly with the upcoming 2017 models via student discounts. You may want to wait 10 days to see what happens, because, 1) a redesigned MacBook Air could mean some serious power/quality for an even more economical price, 2) the 2017 13-inch MBP without the touch bar may have a lower starting MSRP than the comparable 2016, and 3) the 2016 13-inch without the touchbar could see sales that are even better than the already great sales it has seen.

In the US, the 2016 model without the touchbar, and the 2015 13-inch base model, have both been consistently available for well over $200 USD off the MSRP. The prices many retailers are selling them for are actually lower than the student discounts!

In regards to the 2015 MacBook Air, they have sometimes seen sales that were as much as 35% off their original retail, which is a boat load more than student discounts!!! If Apple refreshes the MB Air, there could be a period where new 2015 MBAs could be available for as much as 40-50% off of retail for a short period. If money is a factor, this is a great system with great battery that is built to last...