Advice for buying older model MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarkLyons, Jun 11, 2012.

1. MarkLyons macrumors newbie

With the new MBP release, I was hoping I could get my hands on an older model (2011 or whatever, the recent but not new ones) for cheap.

At most, I'd only want to spend $1200 or so. I'm sure this could get me a decent 13", as there's one below $1000 on the refurbished section. I'd much prefer a 15", but I don't know if I'll be able to find one within my price range.

I'm okay with buying refurbished from Apple, as I know they give it a new chassis, keyboard, and other stuff. I'd be a bit weary buying a used one from eBay unless it's pretty certain to be in like-new shape and for a good deal. Will they really be that cheap on eBay in the next few days?

I guess places like BestBuy and Newegg will be having clearance sales of the older ones. If someone has some advice with that, I'd appreciate it.

I'd just like some insight on this as to what my best option is. I want to get into iOS development and now is probably a great time to do so. Naturally, I think older models will be cheaper, I'd just like some advice as to where I'm going to find the best deal. So whatever advice you can offer, I'm all ears. Thanks! :)

2. MarkLyons thread starter macrumors newbie