Price Advice Advice for Craigslist iPhone 4s price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sunsean, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I'm going to be putting my 4s on Craigslist, not sure what to set the price at...it's a 64gb Verizon, mint condition, covered under Applecare until March 2013, and comes with a Gevey Ultra S for unlocked GSM use.

I see a wide range of prices when I look online...obviously want to get as much as possible, but still be realistic. $600? $500?

2. RedCroissant Suspended

Realistically, if that phone can be used on both CDMA and GSM, then it is worth a lot more than between $500-$600. The going price for an unlocked phone from Apple is $849 for that version and with a few phone companies offering prepaid plans now, you could get a lot of money for it and people would still save. I would price it at $700(as long as you have the original box and accessories) and be sure to also advertise the different prepaid plans available.

For example, I just ordered T-Mobile sim cards for me and my wife because we can each have our own unlimited plans for $50 even. Together, that would be $100 when rich now(with all the cheapest plans) we're paying almost $150.

3. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I've been using it for, pre-paid service with Straight Talk. I unfortunately don't have the box/accessories. I myself bought it off CL not long ago, but looked up the serial # on Apple's site, so the guy I bought it from must have just gotten it since it's covered until 3/2013.

But other than the box/accessories, it's a 100% legit mint iphone. I think I'll throw it up at $600 and see what I can get. I know CDMA phones generally go for less, but this can be used with either CDMA or GSM with the included Gevey Ultra S sim.

I should point out, there's NOTHING wrong with the phone, only reason I'm selling is because I decided for ME personally, I'd rather just use a regular AT&T phone since I'm using an AT&T Straight Talk SIM anyway, mostly to avoid trouble when io6 drops later this year. Because the Gevey unlock will probably mean that you can't update until they update their technology for the new OS. That said, it's still a legit phone 100% usable for GSM sims (I'm using it with one right now).

4. RedCroissant Suspended

Well, that's pretty awesome and if I didn't already have one, I would most likely try to buy it off of you. How is straight talk working for you anyway? You should no problem getting $600 for it. But if I were you, I would look at T-mobile because they have some pretty good offerings as far as prepaid and even offer phones that let you talk over Wifi, and therefore makes it so you don't go over your minutes as easily.

5. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, maybe I could get more who knows, but if I can get $600 I'd be happy. That would be more than enough to pay for a 32/64gb AT&T 4s, which is what I want to switch to, and hopefully still have some $ left over. I am loving straight talk, in my third month with them. I was actually with t-mobile for a long time, but got too itchy for an iPhone and left them after many years. I couldn't deal with edge speeds, and straight talk has been awesome. $50/month (including tax) gives you unlimited everything, so I don't worry about counting minutes/text/data, it's great. Half what I was paying for an Android on TMO.