Advice for new contact lense wearer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ApplePersonFreak, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow, that is scary. I don’t mind it at all, I have great doctors who have guided me the right way each time. I’ve gotten better at putting them in. I think the first day or two I had to get used to touching my eye.

2. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Time of insertion today: 15 minutes!!! I think and hope I’m starting to get the hang of it

3. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I purchase mine in 6 month or one year quantities. So, I’d go back to the doctor and get a free trial pack to test. While the prescription remains the same I’ve experienced a big difference In comfort and clarity between manufacturers.

4. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Which ones are you using it now? I am trying out the biotrue but was always curious about the acuvue ones. But so far I do like the biotrue

5. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

The top is the brand, in monthly, I’ve worn for years.

The bottom is the daily that just didn’t work for me. The doctor was confident they’d work because the feedback she’s been getting from patients was that they were ‘hitting it out of the park.’

52C85D5A-93AB-4274-A219-490B68630719.jpeg

6. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting. I think I have a family member who wears the same brand in monthly’s. I like the ones I was given so I think when I go to my follow up, I’ll give them the OK to order a supply of them. I haven’t heard of the brand in the daily’s you were given though.

7. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Honestly, I’ve not heard of any brand. I just poke them in my eyes after my doctor fits them in her office.

8. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha

9. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am pretty proud of myself.. I can put my contacts in in a reasonable amount of time now. Didn’t think I’d catch on that quickly.

10. jaduff46 macrumors 6502

jaduff46

Good to hear.

11. ApplePersonFreak, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019

ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, don’t judge me guys. So I’ve mastered putting in my lenses pretty quickly, but some reason I just suck at taking them out and I realize why now. I’ve been trying to drag my lens down instead of pinching them and removing them and I was wondering why it took me so long... After I looked at it online, I realized I was doing it wrong the whole time.. I really hope I’m not the only one making these newbie mistakes? LOL

Now I have to pretty much have to get used to getting into the daily routine with them as I’ve got my year supply ordered and hoping they come in sometime next week. #Newbiemistakes

12. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Patience. Lots of patience. And if you put them in while in the bathroom, close the toilet lid.

Glad you mastered insertion, OP.

13. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh wow, have you dropped it down the toilet before??

14. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Yes. :p

It’s been many years since I have worn them, but a closed toilet lid is your friend. :p

15. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Omg, luckily my toilet is a good ways away from the sink I’m using. Did you have to get a new lens or did you just rinse it? I’m curious now :p

16. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

So now that I have my year supply of contacts, I have been wearing them about 4 days straight. Putting them in is easy for me, however I’m still finding a technique to take them out as easy as possible. I was told that normally putting them in is the hardest part so I’m just glad I at least got that part down..