iPad Advice for New Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tpf7118, Sep 14, 2013.

1. tpf7118 macrumors newbie

Hi: have had an iPad 1 since inception. Wife has discovered that she can borrow books from her home town library and wants my iPad. I use my iPad for reading books, reports, pdf files, primarily for business. No complaints with my iPad 1 other than it has gotten a touch slow.

My question is whether to buy a refurbished iPad 2, 3, 4, or wait for the 5? Want to go to IOS 7 and would be nice to have a quicker machine and possibly discover new uses.

Really appreciate this forum and look forward to helpful responses.

tf

2. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

I would go with a 5. Since you keep them a long time, you cam get more software updates that you might like. Plus it will have a faster processor than the 4. And could have a few more extras. But if you have to get one now then get the 4. It just makes sense to wait for the 5 at this point.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Considering that new iPads should be arriving at the latest sometimes in November (it would be a major fail for Apple not to bring them out in time for the holiday shopping season), you really should wait and see what the new products offer. If it turns out you aren't interested in the features of iPad 5, you should be able to get the 4 at a cheaper price than now.

4. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

5. tpf7118 thread starter macrumors newbie

waited for the 5/Air

Waited for the 5/Air and quite pleased. Wife loves the iPad 1 and watched movies on her way to Sweden this week. Happy campers all over the world.