Advice for safely selling my AW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Marco123, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I have placed my AW on gumtree for sale and have had a reasonable offer for it but I've to post it to London and the buyer is using PayPal.
    What should I be wary of and not be scammed?
    Thank for all help and advice.

2. Samh92 macrumors regular

Samh92

I was always to believe that gumtree advises to not ship any items and to meet in person ect.

Might sound silly but if you're that worried couldn't you post it on eBay then tell the buyer to buy it as soon as it goes up? That way you would have full cover then surely. Just an idea, I'm sure someone else will think of something better.

3. 617aircav Suspended

You are the perfect scam victim. Think this way. Why would a stranger send you money? It's a scam obviously.

4. Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

But if I send the watch using signed for delivery would that not be better.
    I've read that I could be scammed just as easily on eBay as they always side with the buyer anyway.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Do not ship the watch. Signed for will not protect you from being scammed. For gumtree always meet in person

6. Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the help.
    I'll list on eBay instead.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2016 ---
    Also I advise any buyers of new AW that the resell of these is awful.
    Don't do what I did but think carefully before you purchase one and if you do then buy it with the intention of keeping it until it dies.
    I'm finding the days of Apple hardware resell value being high is not there anymore.