Advice for selling my Mac Pro with no AppleCare

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by adr1974, Feb 1, 2008.

1. adr1974 macrumors regular

I'm thinking about selling my 2006 mac pro to upgrade to the 2008. The system is in pristine condition, but I never purchased the extended AppleCare and it is now past it's warranty. Does anyone have idea how much this impacts its value, and is there anything I can do to that would help? Also, I noticed on Ebay a lot of sellers will sell their Macs with software included (ie, Adobe Photoshop, iWork, etc), but no discs/serial numbers. Is this legal? Do people just turn a blind eye?

The specs: 2*2.66, ATI 1900, 6GB RAM, Leopard, Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended, iLife 08, iWork 08, Office 2004. Purchase in Jan 07. Any advice/thoughts etc are much appreciated.

2. flyingscott macrumors regular

flyingscott

It feels like I buy and sell a new mac every year... in fact, I am about to sell my 24" iMac because I bought the new mac pro... Anyway, I never buy Apple care and it hasn't seemed to affect resale. In fact, I always seem to get very close to what I paid for the system... keep in mind, I always buy the high end option when purchasing, which seems to hold value a bit more than lower end systems.

As for the people selling machines with preloaded software... most likely its all pirated stuff.... especially when they have no media or serials.

3. adr1974 thread starter macrumors regular