Advice for where/how to buy tomorrow's MacBook Pros

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dblizzy42, Oct 13, 2008.

1. dblizzy42 macrumors newbie

Hello All,
    I'm sure someone else covered this but I couldn't find the thread.

Where's the best place, preferably online, to buy tomorrow's MacBook release, and get mileage out of my purchase? Are there any places that are better than others for Apple rewards? It just seems like there's gotta be something out there that I can cash in on if I'm gonna spend $3,000 on a MacBook Pro.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

History will tell you that it's luck in terms of speed. The first generation iPod Touch was the best example of this. The Apple Store got a small shipment very soon after the release, then got another shipment about a month later when some Online Store customers were getting theirs and Amazon customers were waiting for another two weeks. With that said if you are college - EDU store is the best option. If you are not places like MacMall (terrible service according to a lot of people, great prices), SmallDog, Amazon and others offer usually some rebates and/or packages for printers, etc, etc. if not the Good ole' Online Store would allow you the easiest customization. The most important thing is - if it looks to good...

3. dnguyen macrumors regular

when you say edu store do you mean my college's bookstore that sells apple products or apple.com's edu section?

4. G5power macrumors 6502

It's well worth talking to someone in your college bookstore. They should be able to tell you when they are expecting any shipments of hardware.

Smaller bookstores may not get new models for a while so you may have to look elsewhere.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

What is the huge hurry? Why the rush? There may well be glitches which may take some weeks to straighten out. My advice, for what it's worth, is to wait until the updates appear, check them out, read the reviews, and wait for the inevitable teething troubles to tbe sorted out.
    Cheers

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple's EDU Store - the OP requested online retailers.