Advice in MacBook Cases.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chuushajou, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Chuushajou macrumors regular

So, I got my Mac yesterday, and I absolutely LOVE IT. :D But now I need a case, because I'm frightened I might scratch it which will annoy the living hell out of me.. :eek:

Anyway, My model number A1181 and I've been looking at this case, thoughts? and is there one you would recommend?

-Many thanks, Jack

2. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

I use a Speck brand shell. It is also hard plastic. Everybody is going to claim the shell they use is the best. Truth is that any good quality case will do the job. I got mine at the Apple store just because I like actually to see something before I buy it.

3. GeorgiaCat macrumors newbie

Speck is the way to go

I purchased my Macbook Pro almost one year ago and had not had a hard case for my previous PowerBook. A friend recommended the Speck and it has been excellent. You will need to remove the case periodically to clean it as recommended by the supplier, but it has not been an issue at all. I heartily recommend it.

4. maclook macrumors 65816

i don't want to tell you what to do, but i am against cases. i prefer sleeves for protection when not in use. you cover the beauty of the design by putting a cover on it and makes it bulky instead of slim and sleek. A scratch is permanent (sort of), but so is always having an ugly shell on your beautiful alu macbook. So I suggest you consider not getting a case. Trust me, you're not that clumsy :) and if you do happen to scratch it then you get a case to cover it which you're doing anyways

5. ozcanfm macrumors newbie

I agree with the previous comment. A sleeve is better than a case. So can anyone recommend any sleeves for the MBP 13". For protecting the case, dont they have something similiar to a screen protector, a thin clear film that fixes on top of the MBP? Anyone know of a product?

6. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I would go with speck
    they have brilliant cases and they fit well
    check them out on amazon...the clear one was going for just $19 a few days ago

7. Chuushajou thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks for your replies, and especially to you maclook who showed a different idea too me. :) But personally I think a case will be better. With my sister being extremely young, she likes to touch bright things, a.k.a my monitor and LCD screen, will any 13" screen protector do?

-Jack