Advice? Macbook + extra, purchase advice wanted

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sceneshifter, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Hey,

Been looking like a nut to purchase the best material for audio production. I understood a macbook will do just fine so here are the parts I'm buying, but I'd like to hear from you guys if I'm making all the right choices, plus for you to fill in the gaps:

-Macbook white, 2.16, 2g ram
    -G-drive mini (this one is for audio material)
    -Cheap extra drive to store movies etc... (don't know what to take)
    -Mighty Mouse (or does it s*ck?)
    -BAG (unknown, would like a brenthaven)

ANyone care to offer help for bag (which should hold the book, g-drive, adapter + mousse without a sweat!), the extra HD and perhaps something else I might need? I already have the external soundcard and speakers from my current DAW.

2. Sceneshifter thread starter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Ah yes, and I'm buying when leopard comes out, or should I wait two more weeks for a possible speed bump?

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if you can wait, wait. if you need it now, buy now

4. Sceneshifter thread starter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

I'd like to be up and running mid november, so I suppose I can wait..

By the way, what ram should I buy exactly to put in the macbook? I'm going for 1gig + 2gig totalling 3gig, as I read it's performing very well?

5. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

Bag

If you can find one, the Brenthaven MB Fusion is a GREAT bag. http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-fusion-black.html
    I have the small one for my 12" PowerBook and it holds a ton. I took PB, Nikon D70, 15-70mm and 70-200mm lenses, 160 Gb Lacie drive, power bricks for all, an iPod and two books to read on the plane! Apple used to carry them on their web store, but not anymore. You can check their web site for stores.