[Advice] Macbook Pro Flickering Display Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hubie, Mar 25, 2009.

1. hubie macrumors newbie

Hi there, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this issue has been discussed already elsewhere.

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem...

I've had my 15" Macbook Pro for about a month now (bought brand new from the apple store online). It had been working fine, until all of a sudden last night I discovered this problem.

Essentially what happens is these little blue lines and dots seem to appear all over the display, running vertically. As well as this, the screen is flickering a lot. I'm not doing anything intensive with the macbook, simply surfing the web or doing nothing at all, but it does this immediately upon start up.

Fortunately I haven't experienced the black bar problems that some people have mentioned on the apple support forums that apparently accompany these symptoms, not yet anyway.

Could anyone please advise me on what I should do to solve this problem?

Any suggestions, help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete Macbook n00b so plain english would be greatly appreciated! Cheers :)

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

take it to an apple store and get your screen replaced or get the whole computer replaced.

3. hubie thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

It's not your screen, most likely it is a defective GPU. Most people have seen green lines, but I think blue would be the same. Apple will fix it for you.

5. hubie thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

7. chris.robison macrumors regular

+1 For sure

I just took my 2.53 in for flickering about an hour ago. They replaced, without even seeing the flickering. They also gave me a 2.66. :D