Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andpeo23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I just bought a macbook (it hasn't even arrived yet) from Macmall.com. My local Apple store told me they will upgrade me to the new macbook. Here's the catch, I will lose the $75 rebate from Macmall.com plus I have to drive about 2 hrs round trip to get to the Apple store. Do you think the new macbook is worth the $75 and the drive? I currently have on the way a macbook with 2.2ghz processor, 120gb hdd, 1 gb ram. Thanks.

iCeFuSiOn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
I just bought a macbook (it hasn't even arrived yet) from Macmall.com. My local Apple store told me they will upgrade me to the new macbook. Here's the catch, I will lose the $75 rebate from Macmall.com plus I have to drive about 2 hrs round trip to get to the Apple store. Do you think the new macbook is worth the $75 and the drive? I currently have on the way a macbook with 2.2ghz processor, 120gb hdd, 1 gb ram. Thanks.
What are the specifications on the one that the Apple store is planning on upgrading you to?

durant0s

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
San Francisco, CA
You will be losing .1 ghz because I'm assuming they will swap it out with the base model macbook and not the midrange one. I guess if you really like the multitouch trackpad make the swtich. If they are offering to give you the midrange macbook in a swap, then do that in a heartbeat on spec advantage alone.

andpeo23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
2.4ghz, 160gb hdd, 2gb ram...

is the processor in the new macbook upgraded? or is it just the speed? thanks.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
You will be losing .1 ghz because I'm assuming they will swap it out with the base model macbook and not the midrange one. I guess if you really like the multitouch trackpad make the swtich. If they are offering to give you the midrange macbook in a swap, then do that in a heartbeat on spec advantage alone.

Not on the MacBook, only MBP.

emoh

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
2.4ghz, 160gb hdd, 2gb ram...

is the processor in the new macbook upgraded? or is it just the speed? thanks.

upgraded to penryn processor and its scrolling touchpad, not multi-touchpad which is avail only in MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.