Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badcrc32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
OK a few things here....Ive been looking for a new computer (MAC) since January....Im stuck with a 5yr old pc from hell. It currently has a sony 19" monitor, it has a glossy screen...The video card is not very good and when working on it for extended periods of time, my right eye which was in a fishing accident goes bloodshot. I dont know if it is the fact that it is glossy, or that the video card is crappy or that the monitor sits way back......

Ok....Now for the help....Im stuck, do I get a 24" IMAC that just updated or should I get a 15" or 17" Mac Book Pro and then get a bookendz with a wireless keyboard and mouse, and later add a new screen....The benifit with the MBP is that I can stay with a matte screen. I dont know, I dont really need the portability, other than surfing on web while I watch tv. Although I like that.

I really appreciate the help. Cost really isnt an issue here. Looking for the best computer for me. Let me rephrase the best MAC for me...

Part of me thinks Id be better off getting 2 macs an IMAC and just a 13inch macbook....

sbf74

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2008
I am in a similar position, plus I'm a first-time Mac buyer which also makes me a bit confused.

I like the idea of a full-featured desktop as well as a mobile solution. Was going to go with the MBP as an all-in-one solution, but I think it's lacking compared to the new iMac 3.06GHz model..... think I might go with a Black Macbook plus the iMac.... just my $0.02 though.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Get the iMac and the MB, it is a great combo and i know a lot of people here who have it. If you can only get one mac then it will come down to you and if you want a portable mac or not. Having said that get the iMac and MB :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.