advice needed for a case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cyrex78, Aug 18, 2014.

1. cyrex78 macrumors newbie

Hi guys

Just got my new macbook pro today, and I'm torn between choosing a good case for it. I know it covers the beauty of macbook but I'm little bit obsessed with keeping my stuff scratch free.

Already got a cheap case from ebay and installed it just to give me time to search and see what are the best cases out there.

So far i loved the speck but heard many people complaining from mold growth underneath the bottom cover of the case.
    teck21 is nice but very expensive and kuzy looks like the one i already got from ebay for 8 pounds.

Any help and is appreciated.

2. LxHunter macrumors 6502

I am obsessive about protecting also.

I use Best Skins Ever, and Acme Made neoprene slipcase.
    The BSE skin saved me last week when I walked into a meeting and tapped it on steel door frame.
    I have the Matte skin - almost invisible and better grip. And weighs nothing.

3. cyrex78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks buddy so you recommend BSE skin over cases. I will have a look at it, its just i had incipio feather for my previous MBP and till date it did not have a single scratch ( clean it on regular basis).

4. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Yes. But of course depends on how you use and carry. I carry in an Acme Made slip case in my Kensington laptop bag.
    The BSE and Acme Made slipcase alone probably not enough protection from a drop onto concrete.
    I guess there are many other skins out there - just like the Matte BSE because nearly invisible and better grip.

5. cyrex78 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a sleeve but don't actually use it, but own a wenger swissgear backpack for when i carry my macbook around.

LXhunter do you have any idea if the rumours about the speck and mold are true?

6. psik macrumors 6502

I recommend Thule stravan attache