Advice needed for buying MBA using 'in store pickup'

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by VillagePunk, May 8, 2014.

1. VillagePunk macrumors newbie

May 8, 2014
    Dear all,

I'm from Hungary, Europe travelling to California and Arizona on the 17th May with family.
    I'm planning to order a custom 13" MBA with 8gigs of Ram and British keyboard on (or a refurbished rMBP-not yet decided), choosing in store pickup for delivery, as it is more than 30% cheaper compared to European prices.

My main problem is that I'm spending more than one night only at my last destination in Tucson, in the city where I could order the MB to be shipped BUT there's only about 75% that I get to Tucson, depending on plane ticket availability.

What if I order the MBA online, pay for it, Apple ships it to the retail store in Tucson and I don't pick it up at all?

Will apple see it as failed shipping and transfer my money back? (hopefully without any condition)

Does ordering a custom machine makes any difference in refunding my payment? I realize that a british keyboard makes it different to re-sell the device in the US.

(I know I could go with a device on stock..but that 8gb ram and brit keyboard...or cheaper rMBP..)

2. cgguy macrumors newbie

Apr 29, 2010
    Ship to hotel

Ship it to the hotel a few days before and have them hold it for you. I've done this several times (not laptops but other products).
  3. VillagePunk thread starter macrumors newbie

May 8, 2014
    I don't reserve hotel rooms in advance so that's not an option.
  4. johnboy14 macrumors newbie

Jun 10, 2009
    Do you want to book a hotel in advance or do you not want to save 30% on the laptop?

You control your own destiny here.