Advice needed for buying my first mac.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sgurpartap, Feb 2, 2015.

1. sgurpartap macrumors newbie

hey guys, i am in need of a new laptop and was thinking of getting a macbook pro.
    i have been a windows user for a long time,now wanting to shift to apple as i am quite fustrated and bored too from windows.
    My current laptop(studio xps 1640) will be completing 6yrs this summer.It has started to show its age.
    I have decided upon rmbp 15 (mid 2014),but i have been reading here on forums that the graphic config is not that bang for the buck in the current generation.Should i wait for a newer model this year? like my basic confusion is that if i buy it like in next 2 months will it be a wise decision or it will be better to wait for this year`s model.
    thank you

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

If you can wait until the summer of 2015 for Broadwell-HQ, by all means, do that.

3. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

The graphics card is 2 years old, wouldn't get it if i were you. I would wait and hope apple updates it the rMBP.

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

As a general rule it is always better to wait. If the new model isn't better for you you can buy a refurbished discontinued model at a steep (for Apple) discount.

But there is really nothing wrong with the current models, and depending on your computer use you might not notice a difference between the current and the probably 2015 models. I'm sure it will be an amazing improvement over your 6 year old PC!

5. sgurpartap thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i guess i will wait for the new one...hope they release it by summer as some there is some rumor that it might come out by holiday season.I think we will have some news/leaks after the new macbook air launches.