Advice needed: iPhone 4, unlock, jailbreak 4.2.1 03.10.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vcuares, Mar 8, 2011.

1. vcuares macrumors member

I've been contemplating to jailbreak for years but have delayed it. Among with other things, I wanted all the new features right-away whenever Apple releases OS upgrades.

After years of owning iPhones, my excitement for the incremental upgrades and apps have really waned. I think now is the perfect time for me to jailbreak.

What advice can you give me? I'm traveling in June and would need to unlock it by then but not now. From my research, they say to wait for the 4.3 release and they will release the unlock for the 03.10.01 baseband a few weeks after.

I just bought a used iPad 1 for a reasonable price and I'm excited to use MyWi on it as well as my MBA. Can I jailbreak now and unlock later?

2. Crystal-RX, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yes, you can jailbreak it now using greenpois0n which is untethered jailbreak, then once the 03.10 unlock comes out, then you can unlock it.

3. vcuares thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! As I'm unsure about everything especially with the overload I get from the reading I've been doing, I think you meant "jailbreak it now" right?

It's awesome to hear the I can jailbreak now, would you guys recommend:
    untethered greenpoison released Feb 4
    untethered ultrasn0w released Feb 7

My objective is reliability and smooth transition when the unlock becomes available.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Sorry for the typo. I mean you can jailbreak it now with greenpois0n.

5. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

U can jailbreak but with ur baseband u cant unlock.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Use Greenpois0n untethered. Ultrasn0w untethered does not exist because it is not a jailbreaking tool. It is a Cydia source that allows you to unlock, but is not currently able to unlock your baseband.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

D/l tiny umbrella now and save your blobs. Trust me on this.