Advice needed, looking to buy Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ryan101, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ryan101 macrumors member

Hello Everyone,

I am based in the UK, and I am looking to buy Apple TV. I am looking to understand exactly what I can do with it. I assume I can watch Netflix on it. Is Netflix available on Apple TV UK? I understand that BBC iPlayer is not available on it yet. How does it work, is through App's? Can I browse the internet with it?

I suppose for me the ideal scenario would be if I could watch streaming services like Netflix, and if I could browse the internet or watch YouTube and other things on it, and most importantly I would like to watch the films that I have downloaded on my laptop or iMac. However, I would like to be able to do this wirelessly if I can.

If you own Apple TV or have used it, can you please let me know your experience? Is it positive? Do you regret buying it?

Thank you.

2. Lappen71 macrumors regular

Lappen71

There are no webb browser on Apple TV and will probably never be either.

3. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yes there is a Netflix app so you can watch Netflix. There is no bbc iplayer but if you have another iOS device like an iPhone or iPad you can air play from your device to the TV and can watch iplayer. You can stream the content from your computer to your Apple TV using home sharing, so you could watch your movies. There is also a YouTube app so you can watch YouTube. There is no web browser if you want something like that you need to look at the Mac mini which is a lot more expensive (£399) and is a computer in its own right. It might be a bit wasted of all you want to use it for is media streaming.

4. andyp350 macrumors 6502a