Advice Needed on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LonSeidman, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. LonSeidman macrumors newbie

    Jan 10, 2007
    Hi all,

    So I sold my Powerbook 12" G4 in anticipation of something new, small, and Intel based coming out of Macworld. Of course that hasn't happened (yet) but now I lack a portable Mac :).

    Apple's been listing some Core 2 Duo Macbook Pros on the refurb section but I'd really like to get a Pro-class notebook in a smaller form factor. I also can't go another 6 months without a Mac to take around with me.

    Apple has been announcing new products lately (even the Macbook) in a non-keynote under-the-radar kind of way.. Any thoughts on a February announcement?
  2. jnc macrumors 68020


    Jan 7, 2007
    Nunya, Business TX
    Last February Apple had a press event unveiling iPod Hi-Fi, intel Mac Minis and a... uhh, leather case. hopefully this taught them not to make a big deal out of everything and they'll just quietly push new models out from time to time.

    There were a lot of "missed" announcements people were probably expecting - Leopard, iLife 07 etc - maybe new hardware might be something that's just announced one Tuesday we're not expecting it.

    I was prepared to buy any new Mac they announced today -- now I'm going to hold out until at least iLife 07, if not Leopard, hits the shelves.

    I'm hoping February/March...
  3. Stacc macrumors 6502a

    Jun 22, 2005
    While I would love to see a < 3lb 12" notebook from apple I wouldn't hold my breath. There have been no concrete rumors to this effect.

    Why not go with a macbook? If you want a more professional looking one get the black version. Chances are it will have very similar specs to any 12" macbook pro that apple would release. Remember that the 12" powerbook was just a 12" ibook with an aluminum casing.
  4. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

    Aug 10, 2006
    The macbook seems like the best thing for you. I think if apple was going to release a 12 inch mbp they would have done it at MWSF.
  5. smueboy macrumors 6502a


    Oct 30, 2006
    They probably will release a 12" model at some stage, but i see no indication that it will be soon. It really depends on how long you are willing to wait....
  6. LonSeidman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 10, 2007
    I think that's where I'll probably end up, but the integrated video is the turn-off for me.. I suppose if I see one in the store refurbed I'll go for it but I'd love to see a Powerbook in that form factor :).

Share This Page