Advice needed on selling iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jediistar, Jul 23, 2014.

1. jediistar macrumors 6502

Need some advice from the forum folks:

I'm trying to sell my 2012 21.5" iMac that's in almost pristine condition. I still have the original box, styrofoam and all along with the Magic Pad in lieu of the regular mouse. I'm throwing in the K811 easy-switch Logitech keyboard but I'm concerned about what the right asking price is. I have the 2.9 i5 with 8GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive and it really is in great condition.

I started with Craigslist at $1200, but with the newer low cost model I've dropped to $1000 on Craigslist and still no bites.

What's the magic number?

2. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

A refurbished version of your computer, with a year of warranty, is $1200 on Apple's website. I would say if it is in pristine condition, $1000 is a decent price, and you should just hold out.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I think you are way too high. If you look at recent completed eBay auctions for that unit they are all around $750-800.

4. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah, my bad. I was at work so I didn't check too thoroughly. $850 is about the best you will get for it based on what sold ebay listings are going for. Just to clarify, "completed" listings are ones that finished, with or without a purchase. You still gave better information than I did though :eek:.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I only looked at completed sold auctions.

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan