Advice needed please (cannot connect to the Internet)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bomor, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Bomor macrumors newbie

I presently have an unlocked iphone v1.1.4 and although I can make calls and SMS on it I cannot conect to the internet, as I ahve been told I do not have APN settings and Username, passport. How do I get these please
    I have looked everywhere on the iphone but cannot find where the APN is
    Please I really need help here, as first I am only a novice when it comes to these things.
    Thank you

2. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Restore instead of update. Hopefully, you have a backup.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network (on a 2.0.2 firmware 3G iPhone).

If you mean you don't know what to put in for the APN you should contact your network or look on their website.

4. Bomor thread starter macrumors newbie

Advice need please

So guys what you are saying that I need to upgrade to a different version of firmware, surely ther must be some way of getting access to APN than ugrading if that is what I have to do...thank for you for you help

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No I'm not saying that at all. It is quite likely the APN setting is in the same place on the older firmware. I was simply telling you which firmware just in case it's not in the same place on the older firmware. That way you would know why. Have you even looked at where I said it was?