Advice needed, pronto!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sportguy0913, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #1
    So here is the deal: I am a high school Senior this year, just started school. I was planning on purchasing a macbook pro next summer for college. I have the money now I was just waiting, because I don't go to college for a whole year. Well, I used my dad's iMac from school over the summer (he's a teacher and he brought it home), and I loved it! I was so sad to see it go. I might have my room redone so I can have a computer desk with a rolly chair, but right now the only computer I have is a Gateway Solo 5300 laptop. My mom suggested that I just buy the MacBook Pro now.

    So here is the question: Should I buy the MacBook Pro now with the free iPod, should I wait for the update to the line and just buy an iPod, or should I just wait until Snow Leopard comes out next summer and get it then with next year's free iPod deal?

    I don't NEED it really, I just think it would be nice.

    Thanks for the advice.
     
  2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

    greenmymac

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2007
    Location:
    Tulsa, Ok
    #2
    Welcome to macrumors.... this has been discussed 1.6 million times but.... Personally Im not waiting I like the current model as is. But since you dont NEED it now I would wait wait wait.. ( snow leopard ) i just a performance release nothing as of now major new features and plus when i comes out you can install it on the current MBP or Future MBP
     
  3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
  4. richard.mac macrumors 603

    richard.mac

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    51.50024, -0.12662
    #4
    i think new MacBook Pros will be released before Snow Leopard is released.
     
  5. sportguy0913 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #5
    So are you saying to wait until it is released or wait until Snow Leopard?
     
  6. Snowcat001 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2008
    #6
    If you wait now, you'll probably be having a mbp quad core with snow leopard in one year, I think it's worth waiting for if you don't need it now.
    (assuming nehalem quad cores will be in the mbp next year)

    Think about it.. beter performance, better battery life, less heat, bigger hard drives, more memory (they'll probably put the standard RAM up to 4GB by then), maybe even better screens (standard LED), more touch gestures......
    One year in tech-world is a lifetime! Again, if you don't need it, it's worth the waiting!!! And there will always be another back to school promo (with ipods that come in september)

    Quad core and snow leopard will rock your desk!!!
     
  7. sportguy0913 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #7
    OK, thanks.
     

Share This Page