Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustdash33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
I’m new to this thread. Guys I want to know if there is a gadget (like GPS) or something that I can secretly install in the car of my teenage daughter that can help me always locate her whereabouts at any time? She has entered those teenage age and I want to make sure that I can locate her at any time if need be.
Thanks.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Warning: Tracking a person (including a spouse or partner) with a tracking device without their knowledge could be illegal or subject you to a possible lawsuit, even if you own the vehicle. Tracking another person's vehicle is almost always illegal without a warrant. Get legal advice BEFORE using this device.

Just something I spotted on a website...

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I feel your unease. My daughter is 19 and out of the house in college, but those years from 13 to 16 were nasty, particularly between she and her mother.

That being said, you should try to trust that your parenting will help her make mostly good choices and that when she does screw things up [which she will do] they won't be disastrous and she will learn from the experience.

Or you could just have a GPS chip implanted in the back of her neck.;)

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
I know of such devices, but there's no way I'd help you out on that one. Your daughter has a right to privacy, especially if she's old enough to drive.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
While I don't know the specific relationship between you and your daughter, and I am only 19, I'd recommend not putting a tracking device without her knowledge on her car. There's nothing you can do besides locking her in her room to keep her from doing things you don't want her to do when she's not with you...an will knowing WHERE she is truly stop her from going or doing bad things while there?

Just my $0.02.

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
I know of such devices, but there's no way I'd help you out on that one. Your daughter has a right to privacy, especially if she's old enough to drive.

I totally agree with that post. I guess she is old enough now and you just need to give her some space. :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Because I believe that the OP has got what he came for and that this wasn't about daughters at all, any further comment is just pointless. I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.