Advice needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Heavenkittykat, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Heavenkittykat macrumors regular

Hey guys I'm an apple convert and my MBA is my first mac. I was already convinced in buying applecare before my 1 year applecare warranty is up, but I just discovered that since I purchased my MBA entirely with my platinum mastercard, I am eligible for an extended warranty which extends applecare by one more year (2 years)

I talked to that CC customer service and they told me that they will reimburse me with the cost of repairs w/n that 1 extra year and I could of course bring it to an apple store to get it fixed there.

Now, I find it really tough to decide whether I should still buy applecare just for another 1 year extension (3 years) are macbooks likely to break w/n that year?? :apple:

2. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

3. Heavenkittykat thread starter macrumors regular

The mastercard extended warranty comes free... as long as you use the card to buy the product.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well the difference will be, with AppleCare, you don't pay anything for the repairs after you buy it; for the MasterCard protection, you get reimbursed, so you have to physically pay for the repairs first--you have to foot the bill first and get money back later.

I'd say get AppleCare; like I used MasterCard too, but I find the AppleCare is to a lot more convenient.