Advice needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 9rithesh, Feb 4, 2009.

  1. 9rithesh macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2008
    #1
    Hi Folks,
    I need some help needed in making a decision in buying my new Mac.
    Well I was a PC user all the time and now am planning for a Mac as my love for iPhone is making me buy a Mac.

    Well I like the high-end Aluminum MacBook, and just waiting whether to buy now or later . Should I buy it right now or wait for the Snow Leopard to built on.

    I need help in making a best choice.

    Advance thanks for the replies.
     
  2. NATO macrumors 68000

    NATO

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2005
    Location:
    Northern Ireland
    #2
    It's entirely up to you... the current machines are very well configured for Snow Leopard, it's really just whether you can wait until Snow Leopard is released, which could be at the earliest June/July.

    If it was me, I'd buy the machine now and get Snow Leopard when it comes out. Sure, you'll have to buy Snow Leopard, but you'll have had the machine 5+ months, so it won't feel so bad.
     
  3. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2006
    #3
    Buy now.

    My impression is that snow leopard isn't a major feature upgrade but is more of an under-the-hood update.
     
  4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

    scienide09

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Location:
    Canada
    #4
    The best advice for buy now or buy later is to determine your wants versus needs.

    Sounds like you can wait, so you don't need the computer now. Do you want it now, and will you want to pay to upgrade to 10.6 later?

    Do you qualify for the back-to-school deal, and is it therefore better to see what's on offer in 4-5 months?
     
  5. 9rithesh thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2008
    #5
    Thanks for all your replies friends, right now I don't have a notebook as I traded my last one. Am planning to buy now and later update to Snow Leopard. Thanks again.
     
  6. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

    Patriks7

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2008
    #6
    I'd say buy now. There won't be any (major) upgrades to them until SL is released and installing a new OS isn't really too hard (especially with Time Machine now). And since you said you don't have one now, I don't see the point of waiting :p
     

Share This Page