advice on 32gb touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by finnigan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. finnigan macrumors newbie

I just got a 32gb touch with the education discount (so only paid $100), and I was thinking of trying to sell it so that i could get the newest touch when it is released in september. (i decided to get the 32gb (instead of the free 8gb) because i knew that it will have a system update so if i don't sell it, it wil still have new features that the 8gb wouldn't have). however, if i were to sell it, i probably would get the cheapest touch ($200) in september because i don't want to spend too much of my money on it. i know that no one knows what the 4th gen will be like, but any thoughts on whether it is worth selling the current 32gb 3rd gen in hopes of getting the $200 4th gen? the major upgrade i was hoping for is the camera...but i wonder if the one i have now might be better overall than the next gen? any thoughts? i know this is all speculation, but I'd appreciate any thoughts that you can offer. thanks :)

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I think the next gen will be a substantial update on the current model and for reasons of uniformity and cost will follow the iPhone 4 with 960x480 high res retina display, A4 CPU, improved battery life and an updated look. The fact that Apple were undoubtedly testing a camera possibility last year is a good indication that we will see one this year but sadly spec wise I don't think it will be up to the standard of the new 5MP iPhone 4 camera.

If Apple are serious about embracing Facetime and making it an open standard then its inclusion is also a strong possibility as I don't think they would want to see it turning up in other media devices before they have fully exploited the feature themselves.

However to answer your question though I would be selling the 32GB current model while it was pristine to fund the new model in September.

3. finnigan thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your thoughts, i appreciate it. i will try to sell the ipod, and we'll see what happens! any thoughts on an appropriate asking price? amazon is selling them for 262, so i thought i'd start with 255...anyone else sell their unused 32gb touch recently?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You could probably sell it for that much on ebay. Maybe start an auction at like 230? Best of luck on selling it. :)