I currently have a 2011 13" base-model MBA, and recently picked up a 2011 base mini (i5 2.3). I've been using the 13" as my main for a few weeks but noticed that sometimes the fan would start spinning really loudly when watching movies or streaming Netflix). It doesn't happen every time, and if I restart my MBA the situation is fixed until the next time it happens. I decided to pick up a mac mini to use as my main b/c of the fan issue though. I installed 8gb in it, but realized how spoiled I got using my SSD since the 5400 rpm hard drive is noticeably slow. I'm now wondering if I should return the mini and use my MBA as my main (dealing with the fan issues as I have been), or if I should keep the mini and just install an SSD in it. 1. MBA + TBD (I would return my mini + ram, and sell the 2 23" monitors I have hooked up to it) 2. Mini + 8gb memory + SSD (most likely 128gb. Maybe a 256 if I can snag a good deal on a SATA III one) (I would sell 1 of my 23" monitors and use that to buy an SSD.) Either way I'll be selling at least 1 monitor, I don't think I need 2 on this because I've gotten used to switching between desktops.