Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Warranty Voider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Maine, US
Recently, I've had a bunch of problems with my internet. I eventually narrowed it down to being a screwed up cable modem. I'm buying my dad an Airport Extreme for his birthday and would also like to get a modem too. Does anybody have any good suggestions on which modem to buy?

Yes, I did look around the forums a little bit, but didn't find anything helpful. And yes, I did google it too, I just want your guy's opinions.

Thanks

scottkifnw

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Trophy Club, TX
Cable Modem

Recently, I've had a bunch of problems with my internet. I eventually narrowed it down to being a screwed up cable modem. I'm buying my dad an Airport Extreme for his birthday and would also like to get a modem too. Does anybody have any good suggestions on which modem to buy?

Yes, I did look around the forums a little bit, but didn't find anything helpful. And yes, I did google it too, I just want your guy's opinions.

Thanks

You may want to look at the Motorola Surfboard series. Not sexy but they work well, and play nice with the airport extreme.

sek

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.