Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patcharavtk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Any suggestions for building a blog?

I'm a new writer (and I'm not a native English speaker) and I'm looking forward to learn more about writing in English and IT. I am also trying to spend my time wisely because I always play games in my free time. How can I make my blog to be more popular and more interesting? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance and sorry if I didn't use correct grammar :eek:

Here's my little blog > http://idevicefriends.blogspot.com/ :)

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Any suggestions for building a blog?

I'm a new writer (and I'm not a native English speaker) and I'm looking forward to learn more about writing in English and IT. I am also trying to spend my time wisely because I always play games in my free time. How can I make my blog to be more popular and more interesting? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance and sorry if I didn't use correct grammar :eek:

Here's my little blog > http://idevicefriends.blogspot.com/ :)

Your English is excellent, actually.

I visited the page and you've already hit on some of the key elements I like in a blog - timely, interesting subject matter with some excellent graphics and easy to follow bullet point driven text on technical matters. What you lack is a certain originality - it's easy just to copy/paste text and add some cool images to your blog. The meat of any blog which makes people want to follow you is taking time to express a personal opinion and make the issue your own. Your current blogs, mostly (not all) seem like news items and cool technical announcements. That's fine, I am not knocking your subject matter, what I'm saying is expand upon what you got - add commentary, personal experience to your existing prose. Liven it up by including YOU in each blog, even if just a little comment here or there for some of the "news" items.

Let me put this another way -- iDevices is an excellent tech blog and interesting in its own right, but if you want to go above and beyond what everyone else is doing and syndicating, inject your personality and beliefs into each blog and you will develop your own style and -- build a readership.

Hope this helps you!

-jim

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
You can should start up with Blogger and word press site.

Um, the OP already has a blog site complete with software and everything, and specifically asked, "How can I make my blog to be more popular and more interesting?" in the context of "writing" (new language, clearly a young student and gamer).

Maybe you and others have some thoughts on that? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.