Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dj9928

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Ireland
Need a new battery for my 3GS but looking on eBay there are loads, Would something like this do my job ok? But how do I tell whats a fake or not?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I wouldn't buy from that seller. They claim: "Check my 100% positive feedback" however upon looking up at their feedback, it says 99.4%. I'm not sure where you went to school, but in my school we were taught that you only round up when the decimal is a 5 or above.

Fact is, their a liar.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I wouldn't buy from that seller. They claim: "Check my 100% positive feedback" however upon looking up at their feedback, it says 99.4%. I'm not sure where you went to school, but in my school we were taught that you only round up when the decimal is a 5 or above.

Fact is, their a liar.

Seriously? Have you ever sold items on eBay where you have multiples of that item? People just set the item to end when all items in stock are sold. It's entirely possible that when the listing was written, the seller had 100% positive feedback. I am not saying the product is good, but jumping the gun and calling the person a liar is a bit much, don't you think??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.