Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I am in the market for a Macbook Pro. I could purchase a refurbished online for $1449 at Apple's website or a brand new one for $1999.

First Question: Are the improvements/changes enough to justify the price difference?

Second Question: If you have any experience with purchasing a refurbished computer from Apple's website could you tell me if you've been happy with the quality of the computer? Also, did it take a long time for the computer to ship?

Thanks for any advice.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
For $1449 on the 2.2 GHz you're getting a MacBook killer. It has a dedicated video card and a sexy LED screen.

I've only bought refurbished iPods and they've been flawless.

mgs153

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2007
Love the Refurb

I have purchased multiple items refurb'd from apple including the mac book that I am using right now. I have never had a problem and highly recommend them. Don't let the fact that it is refurb'd scare you away from ordering. I also had a friend who bought a refurb'd iMac and was surprised to find that it came with upgrades . He got an extra 1GB of memory and larger HD. I wouldn't count on it but you might get lucky.

jjmaximum

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2004
Gainesville, FL
As far as quality/reliability - no worries there.

I was also looking at the refurbs today and was really surprised to see the 2.4 version for $1649...at first.

Then I realized that in no more than 45-60 days the new ones will be on the refurb list and will likely be $1699. The extra $50 gets you a new processor, multitouch, etc. so that is what I have decided to do since I do need a new PB, but not urgently as my current 1.5 G4 is still performing good.

Thats my .02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.