Advice on buying discontinued Airport cards?

deetschei

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
I was recently chastised in a seperate thread for lamenting the price of older, non "extreme" airport cards...I estimated their prices, based on quotes from local Mac resellers and my campus computer store, as exceeding 100 USD. Apparently, according to another member, no one should have to pay these prices, and I was either wildly misquoted or being taken for a ride. Does anyone have advice for reputable on-line sources for these cards? :)

tdhurst

macrumors 601
Dec 27, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Nope...

They are discontinued, making them a rare, highly sought after item. People will charge whatever others will pay for them...
Welcome to capitalism.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Small Dog wants $119 for the original Airport card. link

macrumors.pricegrabber.com found one for $95.

I doubt you'll get them much below $100 anytime soon.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
deetschei said:
I was recently chastised in a seperate thread for lamenting the price of older, non "extreme" airport cards...I estimated their prices, based on quotes from local Mac resellers and my campus computer store, as exceeding 100 USD. Apparently, according to another member, no one should have to pay these prices, and I was either wildly misquoted or being taken for a ride. Does anyone have advice for reputable on-line sources for these cards? :)
Try eBay, you will probably be able to get a better deal there.

http://macofalltrades.com/ also has them for $75.