Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucrosus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
I will be in Hong Kong in a few days time. After arriving in Disneyland on March 21, I will spend two nights there then go to Tsim Sha Tsui.

I understand that it is safer to buy from Authorized Apple Resellers. I wonder if anyone here knows anyone from the authorized resellers so I could get in touch and finalize what I need, so that when I arrive, everything is ready?

Also, is there any way for non-HK resident and foreign credit card holder to buy from Apple online store?

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Next to the Star Ferry there is Star Computer center. I believe it is either the 2nd or 3rd story. They have an Apple retail center there. The guys in there are quite friendly. I would suggest buying it there. There is also a shop just down the street from the Mosque on Nathan Rd. but the employees there are not so friendly and the typical Hong-Kong style with rush rush and if you have any questions after you leave their shop they will tell you " I don't know and ask you to visit the Apple care center in Hong-Kong".

lucrosus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Broadway?

I was checking Google Maps. Could it be the Broadway store? Thanks for the heads up. I do appreciate nice and helpful store staff.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
No, it is not the Broadway store. The name of the place is New Vision and you enter the building just to the side of the 7-11. There is an escalator that you can see from the glass doors which goes up stairs. Just ask anyone there where Star Computers is and they will show you. Easy to find as there is a big sign out front. It is to the side of the local mango dessert shop outside.

dekka007

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2009
Go to the apple.com.hk website and click on resellers. Any of those listed on the site are find and safe to buy from. I personally prefer to stick to the "Premium Resellers" always found them to be friendlier and better understand the products.

darkeartg

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
there's a fortress in tsim sha tsui. It's on the corner i forgot which street sorry, I'm pretty sure it's by the adidas store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.