Advice on camera

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by funman895, Nov 28, 2008.

1. funman895 macrumors member

funman895

I'm buying the Casio EX-F1 in the near future. I'm planning to use it with my mac to do, well, anything from Slow-Mo youtube videos to picture books and calenders for my family for the vacations we've gone on. I have several questions:
    1. Does anyone know how compatible this camera is with macs? Is it easy to import stuff into iPhoto and iMovie (HD and 08)?
    2. I'm looking for a case for it. I saw one a while ago that had high quality cases that were weathertight, and extremely strong. I know they weren't pelican cases of the ilugger. Could you guys help me find the site or suggest cases? Thanks.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

1. I'm 99.99% sure this camera would work with iPhoto and iMovie. If it doesn't you can alway mount the camera on the desktop (by plugging it in through USB) and explore the files stored.

2. I'm not sure about any cases, but I'm sure someone else on here can help.

3. funman895 thread starter macrumors member

funman895

Thanks! My printer has a port to put in the SD memory card. I was wondering about the video type (ex .mov)

I know casio doesn't sell any cases for it

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

the specs say 10.2.8 & up, with Raw, Jpeg, HD & SD formats over USB 2.....

BTW:
    google....
    .028 seconds.....
    'nuff said :p

5. funman895 thread starter macrumors member

funman895

I know, but I like hearing advice from humans, not machines (even though they were created by humans) Also, I can't ask a website more questions. Thanks though I'll try to see if those formats run over firewire. Right now I only have 1 free usb port. I'm getting a firewire 800 HDD soon so I want to use the firewire 400 ports before buying usb devices.