Advice on car kits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdmpolishing, Nov 12, 2007.

1. pdmpolishing macrumors member

I’m presently using a Nokia car kit with the iPhone, I have a problem with the caller hearing constant echoes on their end of the line. When I use a Nokia Bluetooth headset I do not get this problem.

Can anyone advise on a car kit they use without any problems?

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. quixers macrumors member

I've a parrot ck3100 and my iphone works well with it, syncs the phone book and shows the network status on the wee screen. Works better than my old symbian based nokia!

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Could it be that you have the volume of your car speakers on too high and this is causing the caller to hear their voice coming back at them?

4. pdmpolishing thread starter macrumors member

Thanks CD3660, I turned the volume and it did make a difference, but it has to be quite low.

5. helo macrumors member

my cassette adaptor makes the stereo into a great car kit for £pence! don't have it too loud and it works well.

6. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

I have the same problem with a Nokia CK-7W carkit and there is nothing to do about the echo as Nokia are the only manufacturer to include the echo cancelling circuitry in their handsets instead of the kit.

Bottom line is it will echo with all non-Nokia handsets. Other carkits do the echo cancelling in the kit. A right pain. :mad: