Advice on choosing a rear protector with the Bumper and other cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by drkash, Jul 29, 2010.

1. drkash macrumors regular

I'm going to be alternating with 3 different cases for my soon to arrive iPhone 4... the Belkin Micra shield, the Pixelskin HD and a Bumper from ebay. I will be using the SGP Oleophobic front screen protector.

I need something to protect the back of the iphone when using the bumper - I was thinking of maybe the SGP leather skin guard or a rear protector - will the skin guard be easily removable when I use the other cases and then reusable? Which protector is the best option for the back of the iphone to be used with the bumper? If I use a protector will it start peeling when I use the Belkin or Pixelskin cases?

2. drkash thread starter macrumors regular

3. JokerD macrumors member

I don't know about the leather, but the carbon backs by 3M offer good protection, work with the bumper, and can be removed and reapplied without any issues. Link below
    Link

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Generally speaking, any back film protector will stay on regardless of switching cases. What you'll need to make sure of is that you put it on as perfectly centered as possible so whenever you take it out of the Micra Shield and PixelSkin, the protector doesn't get caught up on any edges or anything.

I use a simple back screen protector with my bumper and it works okay, hasn't come off yet. While it doesn't give it any great amount of protection, it does protect against minor scuffs/scratches/etc. I think it works fine so long as it's on their properly. I think the adhesive backplates are a bit thicker so they might not work with the other two cases you have and aren't reusable.

5. thesumokid macrumors newbie

i think the sgp oleophobic is a great choice for your front screen. i recommend the sgp ultra crystal ex series for the back protection which i am using right now i also heard the sgp ultra matte incredible set is great too if u hate finger prints. i just like the crystal on the back to show is shiny back glass plate.