Advice on customizing MacbookPro

Poisoned1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
I am planning on buying a new macbook pro this summer and need help customizing it. I never owned a mac before and never customize, i always buy stock. I mainly will be using it for school, engineering programs, and gaming( WoW, BF:BC2, ect.). I tried doing research on SSD's and different ways to up performance. Came to the conclusion of a SSD and high ram. Correct me if im wrong please. I know my way around a computer by replacing parts and such. I know i can get ram for cheaper than what Apple sells it. So i was also wondering if buying it stock then upgrading it with third-party parts is cheaper. Also about the SSD vs a 7200rpm serial ATA drive. Most of the info ive came across deals with Win7, so thought id go here. Thanks for your time.

Poisoned1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Nov 28, 2010
located
Thanks for the info on the parts. My question is, is it worth upgrading to a SSD for how much they are at the moment?
The price depends on where you buy, I got 60GB for 100€, some can get 128GB for 200 USD.
SInce I upgraded my 2009 MBP with an SSD, I hardly experience slow downs doing normal day use and even my heavy applications are quite fluent.