Advice on Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by miketomroy, Aug 19, 2010.

1. miketomroy macrumors newbie

Ok, so I am in need of a display, 23 or 24" and I would love the ACD. I don't really have the budget for it so I'm looking for something comparable. I've seen a couple of Dell's and others, but I don't know how they are. I like the fact that the ACD has the webcam, speakers and the display port but it's not a need. I do however want the built in webcam. Any suggestions? $200-$300 range? By the way what do the refurb ACDs go for?

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

What will you be using your display for? Activities that require accurate color representations or just general purpose computing? The Apple Displays are all capable of representing colors accurately, and this is the reason that they are relatively expensive.

3. miketomroy thread starter macrumors newbie

It would be for general computing and web development. I'm not a photographer or anything if that helps.

4. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

Okay, so you can make do with a display with a TN panel (the cheapest panel available). There are plenty of 23-24" displays on newegg.com in the $200-300 range. There are also some on Dell, which probably can be had for cheaper if you feel like searching around for coupons. The panels these days are glossy and have resolutions of 1920x1080; some are 2048x1152 (both 16:9).

Here is a Dell 23" display with a webcam and the higher 2048x1152 res: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...0_B2&cs=19&dgc=IR&l=en&lid=ena_h&sku=320-7641

5. miketomroy thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually just saw that one too, it looks nice. Has anyone seen this one? Also, do you think I'll have any issues with connections or ichat with the webcam? I'm using the current model mbp 13" higher end model. Thanks

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

24" refub goes for $599 when in stock. Price should go down in Sept. when it's officially EOLed.