Advice on finding good mobile charger for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mellisaray, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mellisaray macrumors regular

I am planning to go on a vacation, and want to buy a portable mobile charger for my iPhone 5, which will be useful for dealing with some unforeseen emergency.

So does any one have good advice? not too expensive, under $30 will be good.

Thanks a lot.

2. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

Do you mean one that plugs into a cigarette lighter? They can be had for around $10. Combos that do AC/DC can be had for about $20. Amazon has a gazillion choices, as does eBay, just for starters. Heck I picked up a Duracell usb car charger at the drugstore for $10.

3. Partridge macrumors 6502

I think she's referring to an external battery pack?

Just find one that meets your price criteria with the highes mAH capacity you can, and with USB output so you can use your iPhone's cable. That's the easiest way to do it.

4. jayrflow macrumors 6502

This is a good one for $29.99. It might be a little more after taxes and shipping (unless you have amazon prime). It states it can give an iPhone 4S 2-3 charges. I'm guessing its almost identical for the iPhone 5. There you go. Lots of positive reviews for it.

http://amzn.com/B005K7192G

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

OP needs to clarify. From context it sounds like the latter to me but that's still just a guess. There are certainly existing threads on both. The USB to Lightning cable could be used with either type of solution.

6. Mellisaray thread starter macrumors regular

sorry for that, i think i need to clarify here, i mean i want an external battery pack. just like the picture showed.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Mellisaray thread starter macrumors regular

well, thanks a lot, really useful for me, and i think it will be compatible with my iPhone 5.:D

8. macwhiz92 macrumors newbie

If you're looking for a daily charger that you can carry around conveniently, check out this one: http://igg.me/at/xs-powercard
    It's 2200 mAh so it'll give you around 120% charge, but its shorter than a credit card so it fits in your wallet. It has built in cables and what I like is that it has up to 32 GB of detachable data storage (flash drive). But, I don't have my hands on one yet since it's on Indieogogo for pre-orders, but I can't wait to get mine. Looks better than the others on the market.