Advice on how to "Referb" my iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibookg409, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Hello all,

I am a grandfathered AT&T Unlimited data owner. I have always purchased a new iPhone every 2 years when my contract was up but since AT&T is not offering 2 year subsidies anymore I have decided to keep my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB for as long as I can. I was tempted to get the cheaper 5SE (or even 6SE if they offer that this year) but decided to keep the 6 Plus. It's an awesome device and I really enjoy it.

So my question is this: How can I ensure that my iPhone 6 Plus lasts another 2 years? I take very good care of my devices (my original iPhone still powers up and works). Should I replace the batter preemptively? Should I get a Lifeproof case? Any advice to get this thing to 2018 would be awesome. I think by then I can afford to buy a new phone with cash if I save up a little each week.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Just keep taking care of it like you have been. If the battery is still doing good do not replace it. Many have used an iPhone for 4 years without replacing the battery. Many are not updating now and waiting for the 8 so you will have good company!

3. noobinator macrumors 601

Outside of using a case and screen protector I would use it until something stops working to your liking then take action. If your battery is performing poorly, then replace it.