Advice on intel mobile processors, and MBP!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rmafive, Aug 12, 2008.

  1. Rmafive macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Location:
    Richmond, Virginia
    #1
    Ok, so I have been planning on getting a mbp now for the past three months. As soon as i heard the rumors, I cancelled my purchased and have decided to wait for an updates. I have heard a lot about Penryn chips being updated to faster speeds, etc., but what about the Motiva platform, or whatever (I dont know how to spell it :)). Will this be worth waiting for or not? Then to make me even more confused, I read a thread about new intel quad core mobile processors, and three core processors. What should I do: get one in september, with the possible updates, or wait untill January for the new three or four core mobile processors? :confused: :confused:
     
  2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

    Insulin Junkie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2008
    Location:
    Mainland Europe
    #2
    Montevina won't be a noticeable upgrade, your best bet in my opinion is to wait for Nehalem, which may be out in around 2 years time.

    The quad core thing is a rumor at best, and I highly doubt it, much less soon. Do the current macbooks suit your needs? In that case buy now, you'll get good use out of it until Nehalem is out.
     
  3. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

    goinskiing

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Location:
    Meridian, ID
    #3
    It's been said many atimes here, but if you need it now, buy it now (thats what I did), if you can wait, then wait.

    Honestly, you probably won't see much day to day difference and the current generation is quite exceptional in my opinion and a fantastic machine. You can't go wrong with it.
     

Share This Page